Friday, January 2, 2015

I get knocked down but I get up again...

What a year it was... 2014.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to begin a new chapter of life! After-all, every year is a new chapter in this journey. With every year, birthday, and experience something can be learned.  Good or bad, these experiences make us who we are. I feel that this last year taught me so many lessons, and as I look into what is to come of this next year, 2015, I keep focusing on the words honesty, hope, and success.

Last years lessons of honesty made me so incredibly humble. The most honest moment I've ever experienced in my almost 35 years was when I realized I had to move my store or shut it down completely. Literally this time last year I had one of those "come to Jesus" talks with my hubby, mother, and father. What are we going to do? Can your small business support my small business' move?  Can we maintain and keep a roof over our heads?   My husband and I looked at finances, savings, not paying myself so that I could afford the move, and then what about our kids? Our oldest, started kindergarten, our youngest old enough to be in a preschool but could we afford it? All questions that many families incur when dealing with LIFE! There was such uncertainty in our little nest.  Truly humbling with the whole year ahead of us with unanswered questions.

Well, clearly we made it.  We made many sacrifices and had help and support from friends and family through every moment. We have friends who took our children when we had to work, picked them up from school, dropped off at the store, helped with dinners, contributed to camping trips, and a family that helped us get away on a vacation so that we wouldn't get burnt out.  Thank you if you are reading this, you know who you are. To ask for help can make an un-modest person like myself extremely quite. I love that you never questioned, you just loved us.  Thank you.






So yes, I truly felt knocked down by last year, but here we are the second day into this new year and I am up... again.  Going to work at my small business; closing early to have a staff party at my house, where my friends (again and not the last time) have come through and helped prepare a dinner so that I can feed and celebrate these amazing women and their families that have helped me get by this past year. I am so hopeful for a wonderful evening as I am hopeful for the year to come.  I am hoping I can keep my resolutions of keeping healthy by running and exercising this year, as well as my resolution of keeping my mind sane by meditating daily, thus creating a healthy me so that I can be successful in business, but most importantly I can be successful in all my roles of motherhood, marriage, friendship, and being me... 



I hope that your 2015 is filled with light and love.  If your 2014 was hard, and you've felt knocked down, get up!  It's a new year and the year of the Sheep.  A tranquil year filled of hope and promise.  

"I am a passive onlooker
I let bygones be bygones
Goodness brings me fortune
I believe in the human race
I understand the meaning of giving
My cup is never empty
I am loyal and just and in others I trust
I AM THE SHEEP"


XO-
Aly

1 comment:

  1. thank you Aly for your sharing , I am visiting my inlaws with a sister in law who has faced amazing medical challenges in the last 10 years. She still has faith and gets up each day. Life is what we make it !
    sincerely, Valerie bowker-davis RN,CMT pregnancy and post partum massage therapist

    ReplyDelete